Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 5: The Beginning Of The End

Huge accident on I-10 has Julia stuck in traffic for a good four hours already, she's frustrated and a bit scared. Turns out more infections have shown up, two in Denver, one in Montreal, six more in New York, four in Miami, three in Houston and a whopping ten in Boston. The word Epidemic is starting to show up in every news cast. The CDC is requesting that anyone with any flu like symptoms call their 800 number and they will take it from there.

My cold seems to have run it's course, I guess alcohol does kill germs. Even if it didn't I'd be damned if I let the CDC throw me in a room to die. I guess that's a selfish attitude, but fuck it all, that's the way I feel.

Frank Buckley, one of the morning news anchors for LA's KTLA, reported this morning that there is a rumor of severe complications in the TBIT. Apparently one of the victims that was in a coma suddenly rose up and attacked a member of the CDC. Rumor has it that the still un-named victim was shot to death during the incident. The National Guard has increased the amount of soldiers on-site in case this situation comes about again. Citing an anonymous source, Buckley stated that most of the infected individuals have slipped into comas, but other than the the shooting victim, no-one has died yet.

We're leaving tonight, no matter how far along we get with the power restoration. I don't care if FEMA docks our pay or not, we all want to get home to our families.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment