Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 2: Beginning Of The End

Monday
Feb 9, 2009

Big freaking story. LAX is still shut down completely. No other bombs were found by the roving bomb squads, but everyone wants to be safe. The people in TBIT are still quarantined at this time. I feel for them, I feel like I'm imprisoned here in Pleasureville KY myself. A bit of good news today, another team, this one out of Baton Rouge, will be joining my men and I today. That should speed things along nicely.

I miss my family something fierce and can't wait to get back home. Reggie's got a sister out in Los Angeles, he hasn't been able to get her on the phone since the incident occurred and he's a bit concerned, but he won't show it. We were talking about getting back to Florida this morning over breakfast and we're all real anxious. Julia and I spoke briefly, she's pushing to get everything wrapped up in Houston ASAP so she can get home to the kids. This type of shit always brings families back together.

There's still no word on the effect the gas had on the people exposed to it. Rumors of the CDC showing up in LA have begun to surface and that is causing quite the stir amongst the media's rumor mongers. If this was a viral attack this could be messy, I have no idea how many people were in the terminal when the blast went off but the TBIT is the international terminal at LAX and it had to be packed with people on a Sunday afternoon. If it was a biological threat I'm concerned about the people that got out before the place was quarantined. Fucked up world we live in these days. I caught our President's sound bite this morning regarding the attack, he claims that no-one has stepped forward claiming credit for the incident. Usually those cowardly pricks will jump on an incident like this immediately, safely hidden behind their towels and sunglasses. Obama also stated that the situation is under control and the quarantine is merely a precaution, there is no real need to be alarmed at this point.

I hope he's right.

I gotta get to work. I'll document this more when I get back to the trailer. It's still cold as hell out.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment